Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Robot Birthday!!!

As promised, here I am with another blog post! This time I decided to make a card for a little boys birthday!
 
Hubby and I are trying to conceive a baby and for fun we often go and have a look at baby shops! I just love little robots and dinosaurs and although a healthy baby is all that matters, there are some really cute boys themes out, I think the days of me desperately wanting a little girl, mini me are past me, I really would be happy with either!!!
 
I am also in love with Meljen's Designs Digis and just had to buy a couple more, I could not resist Robbie the Robot!! He goes perfectly with the Little Yellow Bicycle - Fern & Forest Boy DSP I recently bought from my local scrapbooking shop Arnolds!
 
 
 
 
Again I have coloured with Copics, embellished with coordinating satin ribbon from Stampin' Up, added some fun little spiral clips from my stash, and finished it off with a bit of glossy accents on his 'buttons' and Platinum Liquid Pearl on the little dots.
 
 
 
 
With the current Meljen's Designs Challenge ~ Doodling in mind when creating, I have added the sentiment and stitched edging by hand with a Black Permaball Marker!
 
 
 
 
So that's it, a simple but very cute card for a little boy's birthday! I had so much fun making this card, I hope you enjoyed reading all about it!
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenge/s:
 
 
 
❤ Mel xx
 

3 comments:

  1. Your card is awesome, love the colours, great job Mel hugs Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Melinda! Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge at Meljen's Designs!

    ~ Di
    Senior DT Member & Blog Writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun, Melinda! Perfect for a little boy birthday.

    ReplyDelete